24th International Folkore Festival
The 24th International Folk Festival will be
from 2 to 6 August, 2015 in the city of Varna, Bulgaria.
1. Ensembles performing traditional folk dances and dances
arranged for stage may apply for the following two
• Youth Ensembles over 16 years old;
• Adults’ Ensembles.
2. The ensembles wishing to participate in the 24th
International Folk Festival – Varna 2015 should send a
letter in English expressing their wish to participate in
the Festival not later than 28 February 2015 to the address:
International Folk Festival
43, Osmi Primorski Polk blvd
tel. (++359/ 52) 820-667
3. The candidates should send with their letters up to 28
February 2015 the following materials:
• short CV of the ensemble in English (maximum 1000 symbols,
• high quality colour pictures or slides of the ensemble for
the catalogue (CMYK, 300dpi resolution; properties -
dimension Heigh min 15 cm; formats - TIFF, EPS, JPG, PNG);
• recent video recordings (DVD, format as AVI, MPEG4, DIVX)
with ensemble’s performance not shorter than 15 minutes;
• short film on DVD up to 5 min. about participant’s country
4. The Organizing Committee covers the expenses of the
ensembles for their stay in Varna during the festival period
– accommodation and food from 12:00 midday on August2, 2015
to 10:00 a.m. on August7, 2015.
5. The number of participants is not to be over 25 persons,
including accompanying people and drivers (if the group
travels by bus). Groups over 25 persons will not be
6. The travelling expenses to and from Varna are to be the
responsibility of the participants themselves.
7. Up to the end of March 2015 the Organizing Committee will
send official invitations to the ensembles, approved for
participation in the festival.
8. The ensembles are expected to be ready to take part in
the Festival programmes with:
• two different performances respectively for the Opening
and Closing ceremonies up to 7 min.;
• fragment performances for the processions 3-5 min.;
• block performance lasting 20 minutes;
• performance 30-40 minutes.
Note: The Organizing Committee will consider
only the candidatures of those Ensembles who have sent the
above required promotional materials in due time.